IVR (Interactive Voice Response) is a technology that allows a pre-recorded voice to interact with humans through the use of voice and DTMF tones input via the keypad and route the calls to their desired departments. Equipped with tons of advanced and self-help features, We won’t do any wrong in calling it a boon in disguise. A very easy example to explain this complex definition in simpler terms is a call to the customer care wing of any telecom company where a pre-recorded voice welcome us like “Welcome to Vodafone. Dial 1 for English 2 for Hindi, Dial 1 for prepaid 2 for postpaid and so on”. Unlike earlier times this boon technology is not limited to receiving and routing the calls only, it now plays a crucial role in.
IVR is a magic wand for several sectors like
Implementing IVR can helps the banking sector
- To shed out the load of innumerous calls in a single line
- To route the calls to the specific departments. Meaning extension 1 for account information, 2 for loan, 3 for new account 4 for updates about new investment etc.
- To generate fully automated self- help IVR process
Now let’s analyze the picture of hospitality sector
- Get a unique number that will become the brand number of their organization and the users can call the same number for reservation, for banquet, for restaurant
- Calls will be answered via virtual receptionist and will be redirected to specific departments.
- Call recording feature can let them to cross check whether the clients are handled properly or not, as in the hospitality industry communication is the key to success.